If you're allergic to the metric system, corn starch, or unbridled joy, you'd probably be more comfortable watching Matlock than at the starting blocks of this color-filled 5k.
But if you're itching for a great time and not from a bad case of diaper rash, Color Me Rad Atlanta is the run for you.
By intelligent design or evolution, man was meant to run for one thing and one thing only: to stay alive. Pamplona was the first real race organized for what running should be: running from stuff that's going to kill, gore, or maim you.
Luckily, we've evolved to where we only hunt for attractive potential mates, we only gather for extreme couponing, and we only run to benefit charities and our cardiovascular system.
Color Me Rad Atlanta takes place on July 13th, 2013 at the Georgia International Horse Park and a portion of the proceeds benefit Rockdale Emergency Relief.
The Color Bombs start flying at 8 am with waves of runners getting plastered with paint every 5 minutes after. You'll end up looking like a kindergarten art class gone wrong... but the Art of Running will make you feel oh so right.
Don't forget to LIKE us on for race updates and to win sweet stuff: more color, running shoes, hoodies, free entries.
Just like Color Me Rad puts the “un” in “run” and the multi-colored Splenda in your coffee, smart puts the “car” in “uncar” and we’re stoked to have them as the Official Pace Car of Color Me Rad.
smart will be leading out our first wave of runners and don’t let its smallness in
stature fool you. It's got enough strength to be a pro-wrestler and enough
charisma to win over your mother-in-law.
Want to take one for a spin? Find a smart center near you by clicking HERE.
Just like at Christmas and birthdays, 'tis better to give than receive... right? I know that's a hard one to swallow for 8 year olds, but in this case, it might be true. If you want to pummel your friends and family with color rather than be pummeled, sign up HERE to volunteer and join the COLOR BOMB SQUAD. Volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
So quit lollygagging and join us for the race that's been ruining all other 5Ks since 2012 at Color Me Rad Atlanta.
Color Me Rad: gluten-free running since 2012 (all previous years were full of gluten).
Race Day Info
RACE INFO DOCS
Race Day Info Packets will be posted 2 weeks before the race with tons of info on parking, color partying, and how to clean the color out of your most sensitive areas.
PACKET PICKUP INFO
Packet pickup info coming soon!
Photos will be available a few days
after the race at Flo-foto.
Deadlines & Pricing
|Early Bird Registration
|If it ain't Sold Out
|08:00 AM, Saturday, July 13th
|08:10 AM, Saturday, July 13th
|08:20 AM, Saturday, July 13th
|08:30 AM, Saturday, July 13th
|08:40 AM, Saturday, July 13th
Join the Color Bomb Squad
If you would like to volunteer please fill out the form below.
Typically we have volunteer shifts on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday of race week.
Volunteers need to be 16 and older please.
Since 1967, Rockdale County Emergency Relief Fund, Inc. (RER) has been providing supportive services and assistance to individuals and families that are experiencing or are at risk of experiencing homelessness or displacement in the Conyers-Rockdale County community and, more recently, has had the opportunity to provide service opportunities to its neighboring communities. RER’s services—to more than 10,000 people annually—include:
RER is also the Rockdale County site for: the Bobby Dodd Institute Program, a program that provides work-readiness and employment services; the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) for the Atlanta Prosperity Campaign; and for the Georgia Legal Services Program.
- temporary financial assistance for (limited) first month rental fees and for past-due rental and mortgage fees and utlity service fees (electric, gas, and/or water service only), limited medical needs, and disasters such as fire;
- a county-wide holiday assistance program;
- a voucher program for shelter for individuals and families experiencing transiency;
- distribution of seasonal comfort items such as fans and electric heaters;
- administration of the allocated county funds from the Salvation Army and Project SHARE, serving as the Salvation Army Service Unit for Rockdale County;
- administration of a community-based funeral fund;
- management of the Rockdale Community Food Bank Program;
- management of the Rockdale Emergency Relief Clothes Closet Program;
- a free financial literacy course for RER’s Program participants and for all residents of the Conyers-Rockdale County community and its neighboring communities; and
- a free literacy program that is offered to all residents of the Conyers-Rockdale County community and its neighboring communities.
You can help us raise additional funds through our Fundly campaign by clicking below: