There’s a reason it’s called “the most wonderful time of year” and not “the month you worry about your health”, every delicious holiday thing has so much sugar in it! We tried finding some none sugar free options, and they were way too much work (we’re BUSY!). Then we stumbled on these no bake balls, and time stood still. They’re easy to make and even easier to eat. And you don’t need to waste any extra time feeling guilty for a second serving.
- 1¼cup coconut flakes, shredded, unsweetened
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips*
- 1 banana, mashed
- ½ teaspoon chocolate liquid stevia
- 9 dates, pitted, chopped
- Blend one cup of the coconut flakes with the banana and cocoa in a food processor
- A small amount at a time add the chopped dates to the food processor
- Once thoroughly combined until smooth mix in the stevia, vanilla extract and salt
- Place mixture into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips
- Place the ¼ cup of coconut flakes onto a plate
- Make 14 small chocolate balls from the mixture then roll them into the coconut flakes. Refrigeration is not necessary, but if you are not eating them right away I would keep them in the fridge to stay firm until you are ready to eat.